Friday, March 23, 2007

Oden didn't need to block the shot

I was watching my Tivo of last night's game, and I noticed something.

Greg Oden's final blocked shot was unnecessary. Time had expired. Not that it matters, because the outcome is the same. But if it came down to that final shot, it would have been too late.

Here's a not-very-good picture I took of the shot. The ball is clearly still in the right hand of the Volunteer player, and the clock has expired, noted by the lit-up backboard on the right side of the picture. Those lights go on at 0.00 seconds, and they are clearly on. No shot.

Click on the picture for a larger version...it'll help prove the ball hasn't been released yet.



Again, it means nothing in the grand scheme. I just found it interesting.

1 comment:

WCT said...

nice catch