Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MIA

Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days....and my time is limited today, so just a few quick thoughts.

I am all in favor of LeBron James making that final pass Monday night. Yes, he could have continued the drive and he probably would have hit the tying basket. But when you are on the road, you go for the win. Donyell Marshall was wide open, and that is a chance I am willing to take in the playoffs. You go for the win.

Even if James had hit his driving layup, it would have left 5 seconds for Detroit to win the game, and even if they don't, there's overtime. I was happy we went for the win at the time, and I'm still good with it today. If that opportunity happens again tomorrow, I hope we take the same chance in going for the win. Teams that play if safe rarely win championships.

But I am confident in the Cavs chances. They showed that they are not going to lay down and die like the Chicago Bulls did in the first three games of their series with Detroit. This is shaping up to be an amazing series. But Game 2 is a must-win in my book. Taking one game in Detroit is key.

Tipoff is tomorrow at 8pm. Go Cavs!

No comments: