Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Not bad.....not bad

So far, I'm 16-11 in my bowl predictions. It's not great, but I have a winning record and I'm pretty sure that if I were gambling, I'd be ahead in the financial category.

By the way, I'm not one to openly pat myself on the back, but I'd like to piont out something I said early this morning.....

Fiesta Bowl
I want to take Oklahoma. I really do. But I'm going to be the guy who likes storybook endings today. Just like I did with Rutgers, I'm taking the team that nobody knows over a Big 12 school. Boise State in a squeaker


Yeah, I'm gonna crow about that one. I called it. Me. You're welcome.

As for the next couple of bowl games.....

Orange Bowl
Wake Forest (11-2) vs. Louisville (11-1)


I watched Louisville twice this year, against Rutgers and West Virginia. They looked dominant in both games, but let up on Rutgers. They had all the tools to make the BCS title game, but losing to Rutgers ended their dreams. I honestly believe a 12-0 Louisville would have been given their shot over Florida and Michigan.

One 3-point loss does not change my opinion about how good they are. They should, and will pound Wake Forest into submission.

But Wake is no patsy. They earned their BCS bowl, playing a tough schedule down the stretch. Their last 5 games were against bowl teams, and they went 4-1, falling only to Virginia Tech.

Still, it won't be enough. Brohm will have Louisville racing up and down the field

Louisville 48
Wake Forest 24

---------------------

Sugar Bowl
LSU (10-2) vs. Notre Dame (10-2)


A few major points to remember when evaluating this game.

-LSU is a veteran of big bowl games. Remember, there are a LOT of players that will start Wednesday night who are wearing National Championship rings.
-Notre Dame sucks in bowl games worse than Michigan
-Charlie Weis has never beat a good college team
-Brady Quinn has never won a big game

Nuff said

LSU 31
Notre Dame 21

No comments: