Friday, June 29, 2007

My apologies to Daequan Cook

Heading into the off-season of college basketball, I was looking over the players for Ohio State and was hoping that the Bucks would be able to keep the team together. Hell, I thought Greg Oden would stay.

When I based myself in reality, I knew Oden and Conley Jr. would end up leaving. They ended up being drafted 1st and 4th in tonight's draft.

But when Daequan Cook announced he would leave and declare eligibility for the NBA Draft, I laughed. No way did I think Cook was ready for the NBA and no way did I think he'd go in either of the two rounds.

My profound apologies to Cook and his family.

Cook was drafted in the FIRST round tonight, and he's packing his bags for Miami. The Heat obtained Cook in a trade (after being drafted by Philadelphia).

3 Buckeyes in the first round....in BASKETBALL?

Nice recruiting, Thad. Keep it up!

No comments: