Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Big Ten Bloggers roundtable

I'm working on getting into the Big Ten Bloggers roundtable discussions....Sean at Around The Oval has a real winner of a project with this, and I want in. Here's their latest discussion, and my responses;

1. Which player from your own team are you most looking forward to watching?

I know a lot of Buckeye fans are looking forward to seeing Beanie Wells...will he hold on to the ball more this year, can he duplicate runs like he did against Michigan, can he handle being the #1 back now that Pittman's left for the NFL?

But the player I want to see the most is Brandon Saine. Saine got a LOT of press last year (and the year before that) when he led Piqua to the Ohio State Football Championships. The kid rushed for 1,895 yards and 27 TDs as a senior. Then he went out and got two gold medals in the Ohio State Track And Field Championships. The kid can flat out burn defenders, and he's got a lot to prove. I expect to see Tressel use him like he used Teddy Ginn during his freshman year....and I am just LOVING the thought of that.

And before you think of him as a speed-merchant only, think again. The kid can break tackles. He's dangerous, and he's going to be fun to watch.

2. Which player from another Big Ten team are you most looking forward to watching?

Juice Williams and his "Lil' Troy" act at Illinois? No.
Jevon Ringer and his attempts to not get hurt at MSU? No.
Adrian Arrington and his "Bitch, gimme the keys" attitude at Michigan? No.

My pick is Penn State's Anthony Morelli. The buzz on Morelli is that he'll lead the Nittany Lions to greatness this year, and I'm not sold on that. I don't see it, but I want to give the kid a chance. He's got to be eager to get a chance to redeem himself for his game against Ohio State last year....he threw for only 106 yards and 2 TDs (both TDs were scored by Buckeyes, by the way).

3. If your team was an action movie star, who would it be?

That's simple - The 2007 Ohio State Buckeyes are going to be Han Solo. Don't laugh....there's a lot of comparisons.

- Han Solo never gets the full credit, but he ALWAYS gets the job done.
- No matter how badly the ship is damaged, Han Solo WILL make it fly and it WILL win.
- There always seems to be a bounty on Han Solo, universally.
- Occasionally, Han Solo gets frozen, but it never lasts long and he returns good as new.


Here's hoping I can get into more discussions with the boys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually played with Javon (the correct spelling of his name) in High School, he is a good guy, and I'm sure, if he stays healthy (he was supposed to win us state when he was healthy), then he will be a huge impact in the Big 10. I am only giving credit where credit is due. He is a great guy.