Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ohio State's greatest player ever days to go.....





















When I was a boy, my dad had a bumper sticker on his car that read "Thank you, Mrs. Griffin". I didn't understand it at first (I was 6 years old).

But my dad would sit me down in front of the TV with him every Saturday morning to watch the game. Back then, channel 25 would re-broadcast the games at 1030pm the same night. I still recall how happy he was when he and my mom came home from date night to find me watching the re-broadcast in the living room. Soon after, I became formally introduced to Ohio State when dad took me to see my first game.

I never got to see Arch play, but the memories of watching him are among the first in my bank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad made up that bumper sticker and I sold them as a kid! He got the idea from my uncle who lived in OK who saw a "Thank you Mrs . Selmon" bumper sticker.
Too funny to see reference 30+ years later

Unknown said...

My brother and I along with my dad put this together. It made the Woody Hayes show and local TV stations. Thanks for the memory.