Friday, November 30, 2007

It wasn't me, I didn't do it!

In my opinion, the Sex Pistols are the most influential band of all time. They took a stagnant music scene in the 70s and they turned it upside down. Bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, and a lot of the modern rock that you hear would not be around if not for the revolution brought on by the Pistols.

On this day, 31 years ago, the Sex Pistols released their first single, "God Save The Queen". It was immediately banned by the BBC. To atone for that other BBC's error in judgment, The BBC (being yours truly) now brings you "God Save The Queen";


In 1996, I was fortunate enough to see the Pistols perform live in Cleveland with their original lineup (no, Sid Vicious was not an original member, and yes I know he's dead). One of the best shows I've ever seen (Johnny Rotten flipped me off too...of course, I was front-row-center, crushed up against the wall).

No comments: